Saturday, March 17, 2007

When she's mad and hurt she says the F word a LOT

Why does weight and body image have to mean so much to people?

I had a conversation with a man friend of mine this morning. We are JUST friends.
We had exchanged emails this morning and were joking around about him finding a date for the weekend. He is single and pursueing a relationship. So KIDDINGLY I said.. well too bad I am not single.. I would go out on a date with you:)
His response? Well, I doubt we would date if you were single. I probably couldn't get past your size.

Sigh. well that was like a punch in my big ol' Fat gut.. tyvm.

The worst part is... and it shouldn't make a lick of difference cuz I am not interested in this person ANYWAY...but I cried. I am sure he had no idea that he hurt me as much as he did. Well, maybe he did.. I dunno.

Is it true that the people who matter most don't care about your weight or looks??? or do they really care and just not say anything? Are they just being nice?? How the f*ck does anyone know this stuff?

And here is the big question... WHY does it not encourage me to work out more and eat better when I know people only SEE me as fat and that's all they can see? Why does that make me only eat more?????

I am sorry for rambling, but I am so hurt and needed to write this out.

Sometimes men are F*cking pigs...

(and being the NICE person that I am...I didn't reply back that he is not any f*cking Brad Pitt either..he's a 48 year old man who has seen better days.. but F*ck... I wanted to hurt him back just like he did me.)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Weight and body image means a lot to SOME people..not ALL people. Unfortunately the "SOME" people are the majority.

I have a lot of things to say....(as usual hehe) Bear with me. First off....this dude is NOT your friend. Even if there is nothing romantic between you 2...he had NO right to say that to you!! He knew exactly what he said and he HAD to know that it hurt you. If he didn't...then he is a piece of shit fucktard who has no business having YOU as his friend!!

You say that it shouldn't make a lick of difference because you are not interested in him...but that doesnt' matter. Feelings are feelings...and it doesn't matter if that comment came from him or me or your husband or joeblow down the street. It was completely out of line and totally inappropriate to say.

I do believe that to some people, weight and looks don't matter....and you know, thats ok!! We all have our preferences!! I could never say anything like that to anyone I cared about!! Of course I couldn't say that to someone someone I only chat with in email or IMs either!! It's always funny to me that the people who THINK that they are all that (but really aren't) are the ones who expect to get all the babes.

Why doesn't it encourage you to work out more or eat better?? Because in the grand scheme of things he is irrelevant!! You do those things for YOU not him or anyone else!! Please don't let this asshole get the better of you.

Hey....iat's ok to ramble and talk about this. We have ALL been there befoare. I know I have. Sometimes on HNT when I post a pic and get a comment that says "nice pic"...well, we ALL know what that means. It means....thats all I can say because you don't look good and I am just being polite! Sometimes it hurts...sometimes I shrug it off. It's hard not to let shit like that and like that asshole get to you. I'm so sorry he hurt you and as I said...youa re a MUCH better person than I...'caus I would have ripped him a new on!!
You KNOW I woukld have...lol

Well...whew! There..done! I love ya girl.....kick that sucker to the curb...good ridance asswipe!! :)

Sandi said...

LOL.. I love you gals.. you make me smile and just reinforce what I knew all along..he means nothing and he is an asswipe...

I am gonna put this one in the asswipe file and then delete him! :)

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

Wow. And that guy's single? I never would have guessed.

It's friends like that that give a girl a good eating disorder.

Summer said...

This guy is single for a reason. He is mean, spiteful and clueless. I'd drop him, he's not your friend. I do admire you for keeping your cool and not lowering yourself to his hurtful level. It shows you have class.

Unknown said...

I second all Chelle's points as well as the other girls. Hurtful.

Head down and push ahead. Re-devote yourself daily, mindfully to your goal and to have patience to attain it.

Hey, did that sound like I just found a yoga blog? Cause I did!

Hope you're feeling better.

Rachel said...

(Shocked silence.) What a catch that guy will be for some lucky gal.

badgerdaddy said...

Spider63's right, but even so, the bloke you spoke to sounds like a right arse.

Still, it's like my Granddad always said: "Fuck him."